Living Up My Christian Spirit

12:32 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



Being a Christian is hard. How did I say so? It is because, a Christian is faced with a lot of struggles to strengthen his faith. It is a continuous process of repentance and acceptance. Living as a Christian also means living by the examples of Jesus. One way of doing this through Praise and Worship.

"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it for the glory of God."
--- 1 Corinthians 10:31, NIV

Just as what the scripture says, we are to do everything for Him. Meaning, we are expected to live our lives with constant attitude of worship. Through this, we draw our lives closer to God. Christian music isn't just about singing songs for the Lord in our church. It is about singing our praises to Him--- regardless of whether we are with our church mates or just alone. It is singing our desires that is pleasing to our God.

I grew up living with Christian music. My mom used to be a worship leader in their church. Even after she got married, she never forgot to instill on us the importance of praising Jesus. At pre-school, I was enrolled in a christian school. There, I was more exposed to praise and worship activities. I remember, every Thursday was our Worship day. I was an active worship singer even if I was only roughly five or six then. I enjoyed singing worship songs because I feel like it was the most precious gift that I can give to Jesus. I get to utilize God' given talent to me by praising His Name.

What is great about Christian Worship is, it is expressed through music. Music affects our emotions. Every line from a song touches our hearts. Through Christian Worship, you are turning yourself to be the servant of God.

"Praise the Lord !
Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens!
Praise Him for His mighty deeds; praise Him according to His excellent greatness!
Praise Him with trumpet sound; praise Him with flute and harp!
Praise Him with tambourine and dance; praise Him with strings and pipe!
Praise Him with sounding cymbals; praise Him with loud, clashing cymbals!"
--- Psalms 150:1-6

Aside from singing, I am fond of listening to christian music. It feels like my day would be incomplete without listening to, even one, christian music. From Don Moen to Hillsong United, I sing their songs. They strengthen my spirit when I am weak. They put a smile on my  face when I am sad. They give me hope when I'm losing it. They light my way when I'm alone in the dark.

Aside from my phone being downloaded with worship songs, I also made a Youtube Playlist so that I can still listen to songs whenever I'm online. I have many favorites, but my playlist only got 10 songs, which are my most played and really gave an impact in my life.


10. Shout to the Lord - Don Moen

"Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy."
--- Psalms 98:4

My most favorite song of Don Moen. I love Don Moen's songs. They uplift my faitht. Each song wakes the sleeping spirit in me, and turns it into a joyous one. This song tells about that no other name will be praised except for the Living God.

Favorite Line:
"My comfort, my shelter.
Tower of refuge and strength.
Let every breath, all that I have.
Never cease to worship You."


9. Unashamed - Starfield


"As scripture says, 'Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.'" 
--- Romans 10:11

A very inspiring song for those who are hesitant to come to Jesus. Remember that whoever you are, God will never forsake you.

Favorite Line:
"And I know I'm weak.
I know I'm unworthy to call upon Your name.
But because of grace.
Because of Your mercy.
I stand here, unashamed."


8. Still - Hillsong


"Be still, and know that I am God.."
--- Psalms 46:10

A song that tells about not to worry for God will always be with us.

Favorite Line:
"Find rest my soul,
in Christ alone.
Know His power,
in quietness and trust."



7. Joyfully - Kari Jobe


"Always be joyful.
Never stop praying.
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
--- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Kari Jobe is so good in singing these songs. I really feel every lyrics of her songs. Very inspiring.

Favorite Line:
"Your song restores my soul.
For Your name, you make me whole."


6. Imagine Me Without You - Jaci Velasquez


"I am the vine; you are the branches.
If you remain in Me, and I in you, you will bear much fruit.
Apart from Me, you can do nothing."
--- John 15:5

Actually, this is the only song that I knew that she sung. A very touching song, indeed..

Favorite Line:
"When I found You, I was blessed.
And I will never leave You,
I need You."


5. One Thing Remains - Jesus Culture


"But I trust in Your unfailing love.
My heart rejoices in Your salvation."
--- Psalms 13:5

This song is the testimony of God's never-ceasing love to us.

Favorite Line:
"Your love never fails,
never gives up,
never runs out on me."


4. All for Love - Hillsong


"For all have sinned, and come short for the glory of God.."
--- Romans 3:23

God has given His life for us to live. God is the reason why we are here in this world. Thus, he deserves to be worshiped and to be praised.

Favorite Line:
"Oh how many times have I broken Your heart?
Still You forgive, if only I ask."


3. Healer - Kari Jobe


"Heal me O Lord, and I shall be healed;
Save me, and I shall be saved.
For thou [art] my praise."
--- Jeremiah 17:14

This song inspired me to be strong when I got ill. This song helped me realize that everything is possible with God. He is my Healer, our Healer.

Favorite Line:
"I believe You're my Healer.
I believe, You are all I need."


2. You are God Alone - Phillips, Craig, and Dean


"You alone are the Lord.
You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is on them.
You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You."
--- Nehemiah 9:6

He is the Lord, the only one we should praise.

Favorite Line:
"Unchangeable.
Unshakable.
Unstoppable.
That's what You are."


1. Christ is Enough - Hillsong


"But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect for weakness.'
Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
--- 2 Corinthians 12:9

We only need Jesus Christ to fill us up. Only Him can restore us. I love this song of Hillsong because of its message that it imparts to. all of the listeners. We should all turn to God for He can provide everything we need.

Favorite Line:
"I have decided to follow Jesus.
No turning back.
No turning back."




I live for Jesus, for Him only.
I will sing His name, Forever.

"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live.; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."
--- Psalms 146:1-2



Be blessed!