Carbonara: The Easy way

4:11 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I love pasta. Who hates them, anyway? I have tried so many different pasta dishes, but I find pasta served with white sauce much delectable than the usual pasta in red sauce. Carbonara is one of them. For introduction purposes, I would just tell a brief description about this pasta dish.


Spaghetti Carbonara
Carbonara is an Italian pasta (that's why I'm so in love with Italy. They create most of the best pasta dishes.) that originated from Rome. This pasta dish is based on eggs, cheese, bacon, and pepper.Spaghetti is usually used for this, however as different recipes evolve from time to time, other pastas can be used such as rigatoni, fettuccine, and penne.

As of today, many variations have arise in cooking Carbonara. Addition of other ingredients like mushroom, chicken, peas, etc. are also available now.


So, what I love with this pasta? well, I'm not-that-so a big fan of milk-based dishes, but Carbonara really suits my palate. Maybe because I love putting pepper in my food (but I'm not into spicy, take note.). And because of my addiction with this pasta dish, I've made my own version of it. Well, I don't have that much of the resources to cook with premium quality of ingredients so, I made it from scratch. I only use what is available in our very own kitchen. And because i'm so generous (the nerve, huh?! hahaha), I will be sharing with you my very own recipe. :)

Ingredients:
-cooking oil (optional)
-bacon or sweet ham (use what's available in your fridge.)
-1 can Evaporated Cream/Milk
-1 egg yolk
-1/4 kilo cooked pasta (you can use any pasta you want.)
-grated cheese
-salt and ground black pepper to taste
-reserved water from where you cook your pasta


Procedure:
1.  Cook bacon/ham. to let render fat.
2. When finished, add the milk. Then while stirring, pour slowly the egg yolk until it is well blended with the milk. Lower the heat to avoid the egg to scramble.
3. Add grated cheese to your cream base then mix.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the pasta then mix. When you feel it is a little dry, that's the time you add the reserved water from the pasta. Add in moderation to achieve your desired thickness.
6. Remove from heat. Put in a serving plate. Top with a little more pepper and cheese. Serve.

See? In just six steps, you can create your own Carbonara. It's that simple, right? Here's the finished product of my own creation.


Carbonara Ala Mari. :D


I can proudly say that it tastes so good (the bragging award goes to me! hahahaha). Others who have tasted my recipe said that it was good, and that is all that matters. That is one important thing for me. As long as people appreciate your cooking, you are on the right track. :)





I'll be posting more of my own recipes, soon. So better watch out for it. :) LOL.
Happy Cooking! :)