Easy Treats for A Happy Tummy!

3:11 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I've been so inactive for days. Been busy with other things. :D

Anyways, I have just undergone an oral surgery and I am advised to avoid eating some hard-to-chew foods for at least a week. Meaning, I'm now on a soft diet. :P And that kills me. Hah! For a person, like me, who loves to eat, it's really a "pain in the heart" that I have to deprive myself from eating such foods.

Photo credit to www.prevention.com


So what's the purpose of my blog post today? Well, I'll be sharing with you some treats that I love eating during days and nights. Exceptions are the usual meals a person take in a day. I will be dividing them from foods I eat at the morning, afternoon, and night. So lets begin! :)

MORNING


I like to start my day with foods that are very delicious. It really kicks my day off. During mornings, these are the treats that i love to be served with.



  • Pancakes


Perfect treat to start a day. I really love pancakes. Well, that's obvious, I even make my own pancake recipe. Click here to view the recipe. :) Plus, if you pair with a good cup of black coffee. Perfect!

  • Toasted Bread and Nutella


Who could resist this combo? This is perfect when the bread is a little more hot to allow the Nutella to melt. Also good if served with Fresh Milk. Perfect when you are movie-watching. (Just like what I have done. :D)

  • Rice Cakes


Filipinos are known to be heavy eaters of rice. Carbohydrates are good to sustain your energy for the day. Rice Cakes are traditional morning treat for Filipinos. Made from Galapong (Rice Flour), these are perfect to keep you full.



AFTERNOON

Afternoon snacks will never be out of sight. For Filipinos, it is called Merienda. These are my favorite afternoon delights. :)

  • Bread and Pastries

Fried Siopao
Donut

I am a certified bread lover. It always leaves me with a full and satisfied tummy. Any kind of pastries will do. :) Perfect afternoon treat.

  • Fast Food





Of course, they are on the list. Aside from they are good tasting, they are readily available. I can go for a take out or have it delivered right at my doorstep. And, I love French Fries and Burgers. :D

  • Pasta


Nothing's going to beat home-made pasta dishes. As a self-confessed cook, Pasta dish is I consider my signature recipe. I love pasta. From red sauce to white sauce pasta dishes, name it. :) As a matter of fact, I have also posted about couple of months ago my own take on Carbonara. Click here to view the recipe. :)

  • Cool Treats

Fruit Shake

Halo-Halo

When the heat is already drying your throat, these are the best treats you can indulge into. You can do your own fruit shake or you can buy them everywhere. They can replenish your body. Halo-Halo is one of the traditional cold treat for Filipinos. It is made up of fruits like bananas, cantaloupe, coconut, and a lot more. It is topped with Leche Flan and Ube Halaya, sometimes also with ice cream.


EVENING

After eating dinner, it good to cleanse your palate with these treats I really enjoy. :)

  • Sour Gums


With its tangy taste, it compliments the meal you have taken for dinner. Quite sour, but with a little touch of sweetness. Perfect!

  • Fruits


Best after-meal treat you can have. It cleanses your palate, and it is healthy. :)

  • Candies


On a sweet note, sometimes you have to enjoy yourselves with little sweets. Sugars are good for your body if taken in moderation. :)

  • Chocolates

My guilty pleasure. :D Who doesn't love chocolates, anyway? :P Just eat them in right amount. :)



So, there they are. My favorite treats.
You? What are your favorites? :)
Feel free to share them.
Good eats! :)