No-Bake Soft Chew Brownies

3:41 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Chocolates. One of my guilty pleasures. They are irresistible, aren't they? And when I got time to bake, I make sure that chocolates are my star ingredient.

I started baking when I was still in high school. I learned about the basics when my school back then introduced the Electives subject, and I get to pick Culinary class as my subject. And since I am a self-confessed foodie, I was able to learn it that quick.

Anyways, I am doing baking in a different way. Since many easy-to-do baked goodies mixes are already out in the market, I always look for alternative ways of baking goods, perfect for those who are, I might say, lack of equipment and ingredients.

When we say baking, this includes cooking foods with an oven. But who would have thought that you can do baking with the use of steaming process. Well, you will be surprised that you actually can! And i will show you how. J

This is my own recipe of brownies, and take note, no OVEN-USE,  just the power of steaming. What is nice about this recipe is, it leaves the brownies gooey and moist. Almost like a cake already. This is easy to prepare, you can have this treat any time of the day! J

So let's get started!


Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 egg
  • 2/3 cup Flour
  • 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
  • 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup Water

Procedures:
  1. Ready your steamer. Fill your casserole with water up until it is half full. Put over your steaming rack, and let it boil. If you have a steamer equipment, you can use it, too.
  2. Sift sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder all together to remove lumps of any dry ingredients.
  3. Put in oil, vanilla, egg, and water over your dry ingredients.


   4.  Mix well all the ingredients until they are well blended and uniform in color. Make sure in mixing, only mix in one direction and don't over mix, maybe at least 40 mixes in maximum. (Yeah I know, all are measured. Keep in mind that baking should be very precise. J)



   5.  Line your baking pan with aluminum foil, the glossy part side down. Then pour your into your pan, just 1/3 of the height of the pan since the brownies will still rise during the steaming process.


  6.  Put your mixture into the steamer. Cover the steamer with cheese cloth then the steamer cover. Steam for 10-15 minutes. If you want to achieve the cake-like texture I am talking about, lessen the steaming time to 8-10 minutes.
 7.   After steaming, let it rest for 5 minutes. after which, remove the brownies from the pan then cut into bars.


8. Serve this chocolate-y treat with coffee or milk. Enjoy! J




See, you can bake without being so technical! Baking is easy if you really have passion about it. :)
Go and try this goodies, and let me know your thoughts about this recipe. J