Where Are We Going? BAGUIO!

12:16 PM 0 Comments A+ a-




I am really not a travel person. maybe, I can only count with my fingers my out-of-town adventures. Maybe, lack of time and money. Mehehehe. :P But when I go out, I make sure that I make the most out of it. J

APRIL 2012. Adamson Leaders Congress. It was like a leadership training for student leaders by the university I am attending to. Since I was an elected officer then, I got the privilege to join the congress, which was held then in Baguio City, the summer capital of the Philippines.

I was excited for it because it was my first trip to Baguio. It was like I hit a jackpot since I don't have to pay anything (the school covered all the expenses. :P). It was a 3-day training. Well, actually the third day was allotted for sight-seeing.

We left Manila at around 10:00 PM. It will be a six-hour trip. If I remembered it correctly, we have to make three stop overs. We arrived in Baguio at roughly 4:00 AM. We really don't have time to take a sleep since we have a call time at 6:00 AM.


Baguio City Overview


Since we still got two hours, we were assigned to our rooms where we will stay. By the way, we stayed at Girl Scout of the Philippines. It was a nice place to stay since it has a more cozy ambiance.


Our headquarters

Well as for me, I just grabbed the opportunity to take a photo of myself during my first morning at Baguio. :D



Our day started with a healthy breakfast. And it really is a great way to kick the day up. After which, series of seminars were conducted. For two days, we do the same routine. Different activities were also done, aside from seminars, to let the other student leaders meet their fellow leaders. It was a fulfilling experiences since I was able to meet new friends. J

On our last night, we conducted a little party where we are assigned to do a presentation. Even though we didn't win, still the experience is incomparable. J

Our last day was spent to go around the city. We were given about five hours to do our tour since we have to left the city by 3:00 PM.


Picture taking with my new-found girl friends. J

I have done my city tour with my co-officers of my organization. We have gone to Mines View Park first, since it was the nearest place from our place.



Here, your eyes will definitely be full of different attractions. One attraction is this picture taking opportunity with this huge dog that we found. We get to take a picture with it. I just forgot the name of the dog. :P


Picture taking with my fellow Officers

Then, we went to this cliff that is also said to be a wishing well. Elders said that if you are new to a place, make a wish and it will come true. So, we did.


Behind us was the cliff/wishing well I am talking about. :P

**UPDATE
Out of the three wishes I made, only two came true. Well, at least, it worked. :P

We also did boat riding. for me, it was scary since I don't know how to swim. :P But it was a fun moment, after all. J




After all the enjoyment, we pass by a Church to thank, of course, God for all the blessings that we and our organization are getting.



Since we are running out of time, we decided to buy our pasalubong stuffs in a nearby public market. All the stuffs were cheap. Can you imagine that you can buy three different treats all for 100 php? That's what you call bargain! :P

After all the tour and buying, we returned to our headquarters to fix our things and get ready for leaving. It is a sad moment for all of us, but we will always remember all the moments we have shared. J

In the bus, a lot of stories are shared. A lot of laughter during our trip way back home.


Cliff side taken from the bus way back to Manila

We arrived at manila by around 11:00 PM. All of us will go home with smiles on our faces, and will forever treasure all the memories we have made during our stay at Baguio.



See you soon, Baguio!

For me, the experience is indeed worthwhile. My first time in Baguio is very well-spent. I will definitely go back there! JJJ