Oh Na Na, What's My Name?

10:24 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

We all have unique talents and traits that we can brag about. But aside from that, there's another thing that we have that we can say that we really own. It is our NAME.

We are identified with our names. Our names may came from different origins. It may be inspired by a celebrity (which I think is very popular), a cartoon character, name fusion (I will talk about this later), and many more.

So, what's mine that others cannot steal? Definitely, my unique name. How do I say so? Then, hear out the story of my name. J

MARIDOLP PB RUBIO DE JESUS

Too long, isn't it? I told you, I am the only one who has that kind that name. I even tried searching it with Google, but haven't found someone who also have that kind of name. At first, i wasn't really happy with my name since it was spelled literally with Filipino language, I mean if you look at my name, two P's are adjacent with each other, causing my first and second names to have same sounds. But changing names is not cost-wise, so I learned to appreciate my name as I grew older.

MARIDOLP - Well, this is a combination of my parents' first names. My parents are so addicted of maxing and matching their names with ours. The "Mari" part is from my Mom's and the "Dolp" is from my Dad's. Actually, my name is supposedly spelled as Maridolf or Maridolph. But according to my mom, my dad wad was in a hurry (maybe he was too excited for i as his first born. :P) in registering my name so he misspelled it. I am not using this often, except for important matters, since my name is always misspelled as Marigold. 



PB - My second name. This is how I was addressed by the people in the neighborhood, and by my family. This is also how I was addressed during my pre-school years. This was a combination of the nicknames of my parents (I told you, they were fond of mixing their names. And I was the one who benefited them the most. :D). It is just spelled as letters P and B to make it more unique, rather than spelling it with the traditional Phoebe.

MARI - My nickname. This is how most people address me. It much simpler and shorter. No confusion. :P

Mari, as what others address me more often.

Yes, I am very proud of my name. It is very unique and really sets me apart from others.
You? What's your name? J