Progress at Work

9:35 AM 2 Comments A+ a-

As my writing gets better and better, my job as a writer for Essays.ph gets more enjoyable. At first, I was hesitant to take more assignments since writing is not really my forte. But EPH helped me to change that thought.

As I said in my blog post about EPH, I joined that writing community last May. When my application got accepted, I immediately took my first assignment. The topic was about concrete roofing tiles. It was quite hard for me since I am not that familiar with the topic. No one in the Philippines is using that kind of roofing, right? :D I have to write five different articles with the same topic. That's the challenge since it is a requirement that each article should be unique. You cannot copy a word from the your sources. Writing that article almost left my brain dead. I thought I would not able to submit it on time. (Imagine that there is only a minute left when I submitted it. Geez.)

Well, after I passed it, I took another one. This time I have to make five articles but with different topics. It's easy that time. :) Hmm. After I was able to submit my first two assignments, I have to rest from my writing gig for a while since I got hired for my current work. :)

I think, it took two weeks before my assignments were reviewed. And good thing, both of them were accepted. Yey!


Then, I resume to writing again. I was only able to take one assignment for July since I was really busy during that month. It is also accepted. :)


It is also this month that I received my first forced assignment or what we call FA. An FA is a special assignment wherein editors assign a certain topic to a writer. An FA is given to a writer because maybe the editor just wanted to give it to the writer. But most often, editors assign a certain writer to write the topic because the editors think that the writer is capable of writing that certain topic so well. An FA is also reviewed faster since these are priority sets. When an FA is accepted, you will be credited with a grace credit. :) Unfortunately, I missed two FA's already. :(


For August, I was not able to take regular sets because of conflicting schedules. However, for the first time, I was able to accept An FA. It is about embroidered patches. It was hard since I have to write four articles with the same topic. No articles should be the same with each other and I the article should not sound promotional. I almost ran out of time in finishing this article since I have to manage my time between writing and work.


I thought I wouldn't make it but I was able to submit it, and it was accepted. :)


After being a writer for Essays.ph for more than three months now, I get more confident in writing more assignments. EPH taught me how to improve my writing skills. However, as mediocrity has no space for this kind of work, There were times that my articles were returned for revisions. It is done to let us, the writers, know which areas are in need of improvement.



Fortunately, after an assignment is revised, it wasn't returned to me again. It got accepted, too. So far, These are my completed assignments. :)


As of this moment, I still have one pending assignment that is still not reviewed. :) Hoping that it will be accepted, too. :)

Also, during this month, I was able to take three FA's, all are about error troubleshooting. It was hard since I I am not a tech-savvy. But good thing, I was able to complete them all. :) Well, aside from one that is still not reviewed as of today. Because of this, I was able to get more grace credits, which are very important if I can't make it to the deadline. :)


These are my accepted FA's. :)


Now, I have another FA invite. Still about the troubleshooting topic. I am still thinking on accepting it or not.


That's my life as a writer for Essays.ph. I am looking forward to writing more articles. :)



UPDATE: 9/25/14
As of today, my two pending assignments are also accepted. :) Now, I am working on an Ebook. Wish me luck! :)

2 comments

Write comments
Barbra
AUTHOR
1:54 PM delete

Good luck on your next project and more to come =)

Reply
avatar
mari
AUTHOR
4:32 PM delete

thank youuu. :) same to you. :)

Reply
avatar