Blurred Lines

10:46 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

"Blurred lines.. I know you want it. I know you want it."


Hmm. Actually, I am not pertaining with the song. I just thought that song title is perfect for my blog post today. BLURRED LINES. I mean it in the literal way. Everything's blurred. My eyesight is blurred.




When did my vision start to blur?

As I have already said, I am a big fan of books. I love to read. Maybe, I can account my blurred vision to that fact. I can call myself a "Stubborn reader" since I read anywhere I want to. Even in dark places. Maybe that's the reason why my mom is always scolding me when reading in the dark. She said that it was my fault why my vision get blurred.

I started to feel my vision getting blurred as early as grade school, roughly about when I was in 5th grade. My head starts to ache and sometimes, I am having double vision. But I never opt to wear eyeglasses. My parents told me that it will only worsen my vision.
So, until high school, I never worn an eyeglass. And that only burden me since I can't see our lessons being written on the chalkboard. Fortunately, I survived high school but my vision didn't. It just got worst that I expected.

After I graduated from high school, I have experienced the worst blurred vision ever, to the point that I can't even read a single word in a book except that I would lift the book and have it placed directly in front of my face, maybe an inch or two away from my eyes. That's why I finally decided to get my first ever eyeglasses.

My first pair of eyeglasses. :)

I got my glasses in 2011. (Yeah, I know that it took me two years before i start to wear them.) It was with a 150-grade lenses. But, it never helped. After using it for almost a year, I already needed a replacement since as if I am not wearing anything at all. Still, my vision continues to blur.

So in 2012, I got my second pair. Now, with a 250-grade lenses.

New pair! :D

My eyeglasses this time have a thicker lens, to help me clear out my vision. Up until today, it is still the eyeglasses I am using. But I am planning to change them since I am feeling that my eyes are starting to blur again.

Me today, 2014. :)

Recently, I have my eyes checked up and as I read the Snellen Chart, my eyes are on 70/20 grade, with glasses on. With a normal vision grade of 20/20, my vision is really getting worst.

So that's it. The story of my eyes. :D Going back to the song line, "I know you want it." I bet you wouldn't like a vision like mine. :P