Weep No More, My Lady: A Book Review

8:22 PM 1 Comments A+ a-


Book: Weep No More, My Lady (2004)
Author: Mary Higgins Clark


Plot:

Elizabeth Lange is still grieving  from the death of  Leila LaSalle, an international celebrity, and at the same time, her beloved sister. To forget that tragic event even for a short time, she was invited by Baron and Baroness Helmut Von Schreiber to Cypress Point Spa, a celebrity resort in California, without knowing that Ted Winters, her sister's lover and the one that alleged to be responsible for Leila's death, was also there.. He's with Craig Babcock, Ted's business assistant, and Henry Bartlett, his lawyer. Though Elizabeth thought she was being set up, she still stayed to keep her focus. Many unfortunate events happened during their stay in the spa, which makes each of their moments into a threat. These series of events led Elizabeth to the truth about her sister's tragic death, which causes the threat for her life and at the same time, discovering something about herself..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yes, another Mary Higgins Clark book. Being an avid suspense-thriller reader, I really enjoyed the twist of events  in the book. With all the characters in the novel, you will definitely wonder who is the killer, and you will be surprised when you discover it towards the end of the novel. As I read through the chapters, I formulated the following questions that helped me analyzed the flow of the story. Questions such as;
•"Why did Ted Winters killed Leila LaSalle?"
•"What does Syd and Cheryl have to do with Leila's murder?"
•"Who's sending those poison letters to Leila?"
•"Who really killed Leila, and what made him/her unleashed that fatal venom?"
•"Is there something that Elizabeth Lange is hiding?"

All these questions were answered towards the end of the book. Surprisingly, Craig Babcock (which really is not one whom I thought is the killer) is the one who commit the murders. His motives? Well, it's about LOVE--- how it poisoned Craig's mind knowing that Leila can't be with him since she's in love with Ted, and the fact that Elizabeth is arriving to really discovering the truth, that made him wanted to silence Elizabeth forever.

What makes this story a good read? Here are my key points:

1.   It talks about murders.
I know the idea is gruesome, but that's the reason why MHC is considered as the Queen of Suspense. The killings gave the novel spice that every reader (I think.) is expecting in a story.

2.   Its mind-bogging mysteries.
Just like what I mentioned, this book was successful in giving me those trains of thoughts that really made me use my logical thinking abilities. It's like you are playing with jigsaw puzzle pieces--- you are really digging out for the next piece to complete the picture.

3.   It's exciting.
With all the turn of events, I assure you that you will not dare to take a break from reading it, just like what it did to me. Haha!

4.   Love ended it all.
Oh yes, you read it correctly. Despite all the twist of events, in the end, LOVE closed all the doors. Eventually, Elizabeth admitted that she's in love with Ted the first time she saw him (That's sweet, huh!).

Overall, Weep No More, My Lady, is indeed one of the best recommendations I can give to book enthusiasts like me. If you are looking for a story of love and tragedy, then this book will surely hit the spot!


Rating: ★★★★☆


1 comments:

Write comments
Ayra College
AUTHOR
4:59 PM delete

If you are looking to join the best hair styling school or hair dressing, and barber school in Mississauga, Ontario, Arya College should be your first choice.
Best Hairstyling Schools Ontario

Reply
avatar